Low Carb Coconut Donuts
Coconut lovers! These ones are for you! 😍 🌴 Our Coconut Doughnuts are golden coconutty delights. This recipe only uses 1/2 a pack of our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix, so you have mix left for another batch of deliciousness.
1/2 a pack Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut (30g)
- 2 heaped Tablespoons coconut yoghurt (120g)
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (40g)
1 egg or 1 "egg" made with Egg Replacer
1/4 cup Sugar Free Icing Mix
- (35g) 2 heaped Tablespoons of coconut yoghurt (120g)
- Preheat oven to 180 deg and spray well a small doughnut tray with oil.
In a large bowl combine the cupcake mix, coconut & baking powder well.
In a separate bowl whisk together the yoghurt, egg & coconut oil. Microwave this bowl of yoghurt/egg/oil for 20 seconds so it stays nice and runny (if you don't the coconut oil will set hard and make your batter very hard to work with
Pour the yoghurt mixture over dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Using a teaspoon portion batter into the well oiled doughnut ring tray.
Bake at 180 deg for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove tray from the oven, and twist the doughnuts in tray to loosen (watch your fingers as they will be still warm).
Let cool in tray 10 minutes after loosening. Then gently tip out donuts onto cooling rack.
Chill before icing.
To make the coconut icing
Combine the yoghurt and icing in a bowl and whisk to combine well.
Drizzle over your chilled doughnuts, if its too thick, you can a teaspoon of water to loosen it a bit.
Decorate with shredded coconut, and add some silver balls if you wish to make for Christmas.
1. Doughnuts will keep in fridge for 5 days, but best served at room temp.
2. Un-iced Donuts can be frozen for 3 months.
You can use butter in place of coconut oil.
Or for a vegan-friendly version - substitute the egg for egg replacer.
Calories 241, Protein 5.5 grams, Fat 21.2 grams, Saturated Fat 16.7 grams, Carbs 5.4 grams, Sugar 1.4 grams, Sodium 173 milligrams