Chewy Almond Finger Biscuits
Inspired by our love of shortbread, as well as the danish Kransekage - these chewy almond finger biscuits are a low carb delight. Perfect option for a healthier Christmas too - why not take a plate to your next event, or wrap some up as a gift?
- 1/3 (40g) cup coconut flour
2/3 cup (70g) of Almond Flour
1/4 cup (30g) of Sugar-free Icing Mix
- 1/3 cup (80g) melted butter
- 1/2 cap almond essence (optional)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) of baking powder
- 16 blanched almonds for decoration
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Sift together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and sugar free icing mix to ensure no bumps. You will need to push through sifter as almond meal is coarser than flour. Whatever is remaining in sieve tip back into your mix.
Add to dry mix the melted butter and almond essence and combine, then add the egg white and mix well.
- Portion mix into 2 small loaf tins that have been lined with baking paper. Using clean hands or the back of a spoon, push mix down evenly.
Using a knife - cut the mix into 8 fingers. (this makes it easy to separate after baking)
Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
Leave in tin and chill overnight for the best Chewy Almond Fingers!
Biscuits keep in fridge for 5 days or can be frozen for 3 months.
For an extra special treat - why not dip in chocolate??
Calories 86, Protein 1.8 grams, Fat 7.9 grams, Saturated Fat 3.2 grams, Carbs 0.6 grams, Sugar 0.5 grams, Sodium 6 milligrams