Choc-Mint Christmas Cupcakes
1 pack Low Carb Chocolate Cupcake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 120g butter, melted
1/3 cup Sugar-free Icing Mix (75g)
- 1 Tablesppon water
- 60g butter
- 1 tub cream cheese (200-250g)
- 1 cap full (5ml) Peppermint Extract - We used Queen brand (you may use more if you wish)
- 3 Candy Canes (36g) if you want to lower the carbs, you may choose to use 2.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are using our previous recipe of Chocolate Cupcake Mix (220g pack) Please follow the measurements for the butter and milk on the pack. All other additions will stay the same.
Preheat oven to 170 degrees and spray 12 cupcake cases that have been popped into a cupcake tray (the spray prevents them from sticking, or you may wish to use a silicone tray)
In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk and melted butter. Add chocolate cupcake mix. Using a hand whisk, beat for approx. 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Batter will thicken.
Portion the cake batter evenly into the patty cake cases Bake for 15-20 mins, at 170 degrees.
Remove from oven, and tin and place on cooling rack. Cool completely in the fridge before icing.
- Pop 3 candy canes into a sandwich bag then use a meat mallet or a can from the pantry to crush into shards to sprinkle on the cupcakes. Set aside until the end.
Place butter & cream cheese into the microwave together for 30 seconds until soft but not melted.
- Place the remaining ingredients (water, icing mix and peppermint extract) with the softened cream cheese and butter.
Using electric beaters mix together until all combined and whipped, then ice your cooled cupcakes :)
Once they have been iced, sprinkle the crushed up candy canes on top.
We use unsweetened almond milk in our baking.
Calories 232, Protein 6 grams, Fat 17.7 grams, Saturated Fat 10.2 grams, Carbs 9 grams, Sugar 2.9 grams, Sodium 172 milligrams