You can't get more Aussie than a lamington when it comes to baking. Take these to your Australia day get together, and show your friends that cupcakes don't have to be packed with sugar and gluten - they can be totally guilt free 😍
The PBCo. Team
1 pack of Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk of choice ( we used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup (40g) Desiccated coconut + a little more for decorating
- 70g melted butter
- Australia Flag Tooth picks (can get from most discount stores)
1/3 cup (75g) Sugar Free Icing Mix
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 2 heaped Tb (40g) of butter
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) of milk of choice
- 1/2 tub (125g) cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a cupcake tin with wrappers. Spray the wrappers with oil so they don’t stick!
Combine all dry ingredients well in a large bowl. (remember to keep some coconut aside)
In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, milk & butter. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture.
With a spoon gently stir/fold to combine. Using 2 tablespoons neatly portion mix into wrappers.
Bake for 15-20 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely prior to frosting and decorating.
- Place butter & cream cheese in the microwave together for 30 seconds so soft but not melted.
Add the icing mix, milk and the cocoa powder to the cheese and butter mix
Using beaters mix together until all combined and whipped. Your icing is ready to go!
Pipe or spread your icing on top of the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with the extra coconut.
Calories 243, Protein 7 grams, Fat 20 grams, Saturated Fat 12 grams, Carbs 5 grams, Sugar 1 grams, Sodium 157 milligrams