Hot Cross Bun Loaf
A twist on an Easter treat. This Hot Cross Bun Loaf is the perfect loaf to share with friend and family over the Easter break.😍 A Beautiful dense "fruit loaf" style product - perfect sliced, warmed and served with butter for Easter brekkie or brunch
Hot Cross Bun Loaf
The PBCo. Team
1 pack of 6 Seeds Bread Mix
- 350g chopped dried fruit (we used 100g dates, 150g apricots, & 100g figs)
- 200g chopped nuts (pecans & walnuts are our faves)
- 3 heaped tablespoons of cinnamon (30g)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of mixed spice (10g)
- 2 large eggs
- 2.5 cups of water (625mls)
1/2 cup plain flour of choice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 2 teaspoon sweetener of choice (we used Xylitol)
- 1/4 cup of boiling water
Ingredients for the cross
Ingredients for glaze
In a large bowl place your bread mix, cinnamon and mixed spice.
- Add your chopped fruit and nuts and stir to combine..
In a separate bowl whisk together your eggs and water.
Add your egg mix to the dry mix and stir well to combine.
Portion mix into 2 small loaf tins that have been lined with baking paper or use silicone tins.
- Add the option cross if desired.
Bake at 170 degrees for 60 minutes.
Remove from tin and let cool, or if you are glazing, add the optional glaze then let cool.
Serve lightly toasted with butter.
You can use any of our bread mixes for this recipe. If you do use one other than what is listed, you will need to recalculate the nutrition, if you are tracking macros :)
You can choose any dried fruit and nut combo of your choice, we chose that combo as we thought it was a super tasty mix.
This will last 5 days in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer. Bring to room temp or warm before eating.
Calories 158, Protein 8.3 grams, Fat 8.7 grams, Saturated Fat 0.9 grams, Carbs 9.4 grams, Sugar 8.7 grams, Sodium 97 milligrams