Our Breakfast Smoothie with Oats is the ULTIMATE breakfast on the go! Perfect for those who don't have time to sit and eat in the morning. A great breakfast or meal for active kids. Packed with healthy ingredients to keep you full and satisfied. The carbs are a little higher in this smoothie, however when compared to commercial versions of a breakfast smoothie, there is still half the amount of carbs and still suitable for anyone who is looking to start lowering their carbs or are eating within 100g carbs per day!
Breakfast Smoothie with Oats
1.5 serves Vanilla Protein Powder (50g)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tub yoghurt (170g)
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 1 banana
- 1 zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Chop the banana and zucchini into chunks so they will easily break down in the blender.
Add all ingredients to your blender and puree until smooth.
Pour into two glasses, serve and enjoy!
- We used Chobani plain 170g tub
- We used unsweetened almond milk in our recipes.
- Add a little cocoa for a choc banana brekkie
- Need to drop the carbs a little? Switch the oats your favourite nut butter or almond flour/ meal or LSA for extra healthy fats!
- Using frozen bananas will thicken this shake as they have an ice cream consistency.
- Use your favourite yoghurt, plain or flavoured. Go for one that is low/ no added sugar and high in protein.
Calories 267, Protein 28.2 grams, Fat 5 grams, Carbs 25.8 grams, Sugar 13.9 grams, Sodium 111 milligrams
Other Low Carb Recipes
Raisin toast with LOTS of butter is a favourite of many, unfortunately, it isn't low carb. One piece of cafe style Raisin toast can vary...
These Low Carb Chocolate Brownies are packed with so much goodness, that no one will ever know they are low carb and healthy! 👍
These scrumptious Chocolate & Raspberry Muffins are sure to be a hit with the family. Easy to make and super delicious! Super chocolatey and fudgy,...