Why we use Australian Whey Protein in our Protein Bread
We often get asked what Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) we use in our products and where it comes from. So we thought we would bring you along for the ride behind our decision making of what ingredients we use, where it is sourced from and why we only source ingredients we would eat ourselves. Our Protein Bread is a High Protein, Low Carb, Gluten Free Bread is made from natural ingredients with over 94% of ingredients sourced from Australia (unfortunately they don’t make vegetarian proteins in Australia). One of our major ingredients in Protein Bread is WPC 80%, sourced from Warrnambool Cheese and Butter, located on the Great Ocean Road in the heart of the prime dairy country of south-west Victoria, Australia. WPC 80% (meaning 80% protein content) is a natural by-product of the cheese making process and is an excellent source of protein. It is also naturally rich in branched chain and essential amino acids (it is a complete protein), perfect for muscle repair and recovery. For those that love understanding macro’s, WPC 80% is 80.2% protein, 6.1% carbs and 5.7% fats. In addition to the local Australian dairy industry, the USA is the other major source of WPC used by supplement and food manufacturers in Australia We chose Australian WPC for our Protein Bread for the following reasons:
- Australian WPC is from pasture fed cows. WPC imported from the USA is generally from cows that are less than 25% pasture fed
- Australian WPC is hormone free and does not contain rBST (recombinant bovine somatotropin), an artificial growth hormone used to increase milk production and contained in WPC imported from the USA. rBST is banned for use in Australia however is legal in the USA. We do not use WPC sourced from the USA in any of our products.
- Australian WPC is not processed using soy lecithin, supporting those who are soy free or have soy allergies
- Australian WPC is all natural and GMO free
- Australian WPC supports Australian farmers