Low Carb Pumpkin Soup
- 1.2kg Pumpkin, peeled and chopped (this is about 1 large whole butternut pumpkin)
- 1 kg Cauliflower (about half a large)
- 200ml (sml can) Coconut Cream, we used Ayam as its 100% coconut.
- 400ml water
- 1 heaped teasp of stock (we used massel powdered)
- 2 Tbsp (40g) Red Curry Paste of choice (add more or less, as it is a spicy paste)
- Olive oil for roasting veggies (you can use butter, or coconut oil if you wish)
- Coriander (garnish, optional)
- sour cream for dolloping on top (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
Chop your cauliflower and pumpkin into even chunks, drizzle with oil, salt and pepper and pop in the oven until soft
- Make up 400ml of stock of choice with boiling water
Transfer the cooked veggies to a heat proof bowl and either with a hand mixer or blender, blend down the veggies, you will need to do this in batches, using the liquid from the stock and coconut cream to help this along
Add in the red curry paste and ensure its combined well into the soup
You may transfer the soup back to a pot to heat through, or if it's fine serve with coriander and sour cream, chilli optional but delicious!
Serve with our Low Carb Seeded Rolls
You can add a little more liquid (water or stock) if the soup is too thick.
Leftover soup will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days
Calories 105, Protein 4 grams, Fat 5 grams, Saturated Fat 2.8 grams, Carbs 8.6 grams, Sugar 6.8 grams, Sodium 179 milligrams