What do you do if you’ve hit a wall? If you’re in a slump, feeling down, or just like you can’t do anything, it’s amazing what getting up and doing even just a tiny bit of exercise can do. Next time you feel like you can’t be bothered to finish the cleaning or your mind has gone fuzzy, just get down and smash out 10 pushups – it’s amazing what it’ll do for you!
1) Helps You Feel Connected to Your Body
Mind over matter! Your mind is such a powerful motivator, and when that’s stuck in a rut it’s hard to make your body perform.
While your mind tells you that you need to stop, even if you’re body is fine to keep going, you will stop. So you just need to remind your brain that you’re fine, that you’re strong, and that you’re able to keep going!
10 pushups aren’t much, but that’s why it works so well – it’s such an achievable number. It makes you aware of your muscles, you’re taking a few good, deep breaths and you feel (even if just a tiny bit) stronger!
2) Breath out old air
As mentioned, it will get you to take some deeper breaths – which at the same time means you are breathing out any old and stale air. This always makes me feel fresh, alive and invigorated. In fact, check out this article on deep breathing and how it can help you relax.
3) Boosts Your Energy
Doing 10 pushups has the same theory behind it as interval training or HIIT – this short burst of high intensity work out gets all the body’s systems happening, kick starts your metabolism again, gets blood to the brain, gets fresh oxygen in your lungs and wakes you up!!
4) No Tuck shop Arms
Every bit counts – doing just 10 pushups a day gets you way ahead of the curve, keep those arms strong and toned. Obviously, just 10 pushups aren’t going to turn you into a bodybuilder, but it all helps right?
5) It’s Better than ZERO Pushups
Self-explanatory. Doing something is better than doing nothing.
6) You’ll Be Pleasantly Surprised at Your Quick Improvement!
In literally 1 week, you will feel yourself get stronger, more toned and able to do even more, and 10 pushups won’t be enough. This shows progress and achievement, which will continue to motivate you. I have learnt its all about momentum. 10 pushups today, next week 11. You are still moving forward, creating momentum and improving yourself. As they say, if you’re not moving forward you are going backwards!
So – DROP AND GIVE ME TEN!!!
- An avid barefoot trail runner, explorer, creator, and keen learner. I'm incredibly humbled by everyone who's helped The Protein Bread Co. to grow to where it is today – actively supporting our mission to help 5M Australians and 20M people globally to live fitter, healthier and happier lives. You can reach out to me via Twitter or Instagram @thelowcarbgiant, Facebook @lukehopkins, or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company Insights & News2019.08.19Time for my next adventure.
- Company Insights & News2019.07.29Going Low Carb Will Change Your Life – The Fat For Weight Loss Podcast
- Company Insights & News2019.07.29High demand pulls low-carb into mainstream – Article in Food & Drink Business Magazine – June 2019
- Athlete Updates2019.03.26Dealing with setbacks and injury