Chicken Tandoori is a beautiful meal in itself or Salad for Summer.
Full of juicy protein-packed chicken, fresh tomato + cucumber and served with our Minty Yoghurt it is actually Low carb heaven!!!
However, like anything you really need to make sure you are choosing a great brand – many can be packed with sugar.
Our criteria 15g of carbs or less per 100g
Our Top Pick Tandoori Paste!
Pataks Tandoori Paste
Ginger (23%), Water, Ground spices (13%) coriander, cumin, paprika, Vegetable Oil, Lemon Juice, Ground red lentils, Tamarind 4%, Garlic 4% Acidity regulators, Garlic Powder 3.5%, Salt, Colour, Sugar
carbs per 100g – 11.2g
- This is the lowest carb Tandoori paste I have found. Yes there is a little sugar added right at the end and some preservatives, but the majority of the ingredients are quite wholesome.
- Only 2.4g carbs per serve
Monika Brand – Tandoori Paste
Water, Salt, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Garlic Paste, Ginger Paste, Lentil Powder, Cumin Powder, Cotton Seed Oil, Garam Masala, Turmeric Powder, Acetic Acid, Food Colour (E129).
Carbs per 100g: 13g
- No sugar added, but slightly higher in carbs. (not by much)
- Only 3g carbs per serve
- The Monika Range seems to have the best ingredients list for Indian pastes.
Home Made Spices
Home Made Spices are great because you know exactly what is in it, and you can make without any sugar – however, it is quite expensive to buy all the spices and time consuming to mix it up. I find the flavour of the premixed jars much better too!
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Great that you know what you’re eating – but time-consuming and the flavour is not quite the same as the ones that are pre-made!
Updated April 2018
**Please note information was accurate at the time of collecting. If changes are made to the brand (packaging or nutrition) within our updates, please refer to their website. Changes may occur regarding their availability, please check with your local supermarket for more info.
For more Low carb Supermarket finds, click here
- Low Carb Living2019.03.25Which Low Carb Fruits & Vegetables are in season in April
- Low Carb Living2019.02.15Which Low Carb Fruits & Vegetables are in season in March
- Low Carb Living2019.02.01Which Low Carb Fruits & Vegetables are in season in February?
- Low Carb Living2018.12.18Which Low Carb Fruits & Vegetables are in season in January?